Catholic Services Appeal 2023
During this time of Eucharistic Revival, the 2023 Catholic Services Appeal (CSA) theme, The Source & Summit, reminds us that the grace we receive from Jesus is meant to be shared with others. The Catholic Services Appeal is one such opportunity to share our love and support for the mission our Lord entrusted to us.
The CSA is a diocesan-wide campaign that supports the mission of the Catholic Church locally, regionally and globally. The CSA covers 70% of the Diocese of Gaylord’s annual operational budget, impacting thousands of families each year. Your gift to the CSA helps fulfill our Catholic mission by making the following essential ministries possible.
Click here for Spanish brochure
Watch how CSA Makes a Difference
How does my CSA Gift Make a Difference?
- How can I make a CSA 2023 gift?
Gifts can be made anytime by credit/debit card (online), Electronic Fund Transfer with bank account (online), or by mailing a check or money order. Other gift types like gifts of securities, employer matching gifts, or IRA distributions are also welcomed and appreciated!
To make a matching gift, please check with your employer to see if the diocese qualifies to receive matching gift funds.
To make a qualified charitable gift from your IRA, please contact your plan holder.
To make a gift of stock, contact Kim Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-705-3512 for transfer instructions.
To make a gift over the phone, contact Kelly Lauster at 989-705-3556.
- How does my gift make a difference?
The Catholic Services Appeal (CSA) is a diocesan-wide campaign that supports the mission of the Catholic Church locally, regionally and globally. The CSA covers 70% of the Diocese of Gaylord’s annual operational budget, impacting thousands of families each year. Gifts to the CSA help fulfill our Catholic mission by making the following essential ministries possible: Caring for the Poor and Vulnerable, Diocesan and Parish Support, Clergy and Pastoral Support, Proclaiming the Gospel, and Faith Formation. A full list of all ministries supported by CSA is located above.
- How does my gift support National Collections?
While some dioceses hold separate second collections for all National Collections, the Diocese of Gaylord includes most of the National Collections within our Catholic Services Appeal. The list of National Collections supported through CSA is located in the above section "How Does My Gift Make a Difference?" The National Collections that are taken up annually outside of the Catholic Services Appeal are the Rice Bowl Program (Lent), Catholic Relief Services Collection (March), World Mission Sunday (October), and Retirement Fund for Religious (December). Our diocese does not participate in the Catholic Campaign for Human Development.
- How is the overall CSA goal for the diocese determined? What about each parish CSA goal?
The overall CSA goal is considered each year by assessing the current needs of the ministries supported by CSA (detailed in the CSA budget). This needs assessment is steered by the bishop, the diocesan Office of Finance, and Finance Council. After reviewing the mission needs, the bishop approves the CSA goal. Typically, this goal covers around 70% of the diocesan ministry needs, with the remaining 30% of budget expenses covered through other diocesan income such as grants, fees, interest, etc. The diocesan 2023 CSA goal is $3,598,051.
Once the overall CSA goal is set, the diocesan Office of Finance then determines CSA goals for each parish. This is calculated by dividing all parish’s ordinary income from the previous year by the overall diocesan goal. This percentage is used to calculate each individual parish goal.
- What happens when a parish exceeds its goals?
100% of CSA funds that are over your parish's goal are returned to the parish for local needs and ministries.
- What happens when a parish does not reach its goal?
If a parish is not able to reach their goal through CSA donations, the parish contributes the remainder out of parish funds.
- Who oversees and distributes CSA funds?
Through the diocesan Offices of Development, Finance, and Communications, the bishop oversees the CSA fundraising campaign and distributes CSA funds. Any questions about CSA and any fundraising please email email@example.com
- I have an existing 2023 pledge. How can I make my pledge payments online?
Click here to continue making pledge payments for CSA 2023.
- Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes, gifts donated to the Diocese of Gaylord's Catholic Services Appeal are tax deductible. The diocese's EIN is 38-1960458.